Owner : Water Authority of Jordan.
Location : Qatraneh to Qastal.
Commissioning date : 2002/ 2003.
Project value : Around 7.5 Million JD.
The project activities are:
- To build a new pumping station in the village of Damkhi (75 km form Amman). Which includes three 355 KW pumps and two 15 KW pumps and a communication RTU.
- To build a new reservoir in the existing Qatraneh pumping station.
- To add two new pumps in the existing Qatraneh pumping station.
- Supply a PLC based RTU in the existing Swaqa, reservoir.
- Supply and install a SCADA system, in the existing Qastal pumping station.
Water is received in Qatraneh existing and new reservoir from the surrounding water wells and pumped through 4 existing and 2 new pumps to Swaqa reservoir.
Qatraneh is controlled by an existing AB SLC5/03 controller.
Water is also received in Damkhi new pumping station from the surrounding well and pumped via three pumps to Qastal reservoir. Damkhi is controlled by new Siemens S7-300 PLC.
Water received in Swaqa reservoir from both Qatraneh pumping station and Damkhi pumping station, and flows naturally to Qastal pumping station. Swaqa reservoir is monitored by a newly installed Siemens S7-300 PLC.
Qastal receives water from Swaqa in it newly installed reservoir, and pumped to Amman via the existing pumping station consists of 6 pumps. Qastal is controlled by an existing AB SLC5/03 PLC.
Overall monitoring and control of the stations from Qatranh to Qastal is established by a newly installed SCADA system.
Scope of Work and Equipment Supplied:
TECO’s major role included the implementation of the duties of the ISS to supply PLC based control, automation and telemetry system, and a PC based SCADA system in addition to the manufacturing and the supply of the low voltage switchgear and control gear system, including: the design, assembly, testing, installation, commissioning and operation staff training for the following:
- 5 Autotransformer reduced voltage starters, three 355 KW and two 15 KW panels. In the new Damkhi pumping station.
- One Main distribution for electrical supply and one battery system for control supply. Installed in Damkhi pumping station.
- One PLC based control system for local automation and remote telemetry and control. Installed in Damkhi pumping station.
- 2 Autotransformer reduced voltage starters of 355 KW each installed in the existing Qatraneh pumping station.
- One Main distribution board for power supply and one battery system for control supply. Installed in the existing Qatraneh pumping station.
- One PLC based RTU installed in the existing Swaqa reservoir, for remote telemetry.
- PC based SCADA system, installed in the existing Qastal Pumping station.
- Establish connection between all sites with new installed and existing PLC based RTU, over a UHF Radio communication link, to have an overall monitoring system in Qastal pumping station